IAPMD is a 501c3 nonprofit organization advocating for the prevention, treatment, and research of premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD) and premenstrual exacerbation of underlying disorders (PME). Our goal is to provide women, trans-men, and non-binary assigned female at birth/AFAB communities with the education, support, resources, and tools necessary to live healthy lives, reduce interpersonal conflict, and eliminate self-harm.
- Peer Support
- Awareness and Education
- Access to Care (coming soon)
- Research and Prevention (coming soon)
- Surgical Menopause Education & Support (coming July 2018)
IAPMD believes in the fundamental right for women and AFAB individuals to receive accurate diagnosis, effective treatment, and social support for mental health and reproductive illness.
- Reduce the stigma and raise awareness of women’s mental health issues including reproductive mood disorders, suicidality, and depression.
- Provide educational opportunities for women unable to obtain primary and mental health care services due to geographical location or financial means.
- Provide global crisis intervention and peer support services for women at no-cost regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identification, political affiliation, or socioeconomic status.
- Provide women with a path to recovery following a diagnosis of mental illness, reproductive mood disorder, suicidal ideation or attempted suicide.