The International Association For Premenstrual Disorders (IAPMD) was founded in 2013 as the National Association for Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder (NAPMDD). What began as a collective of fellow suffers has grown into a global resource for anyone impacted by core premenstrual disorders: Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder and Premenstrual Exacerbation of underlying disorders.
To provide women, trans-men, and non-binary assigned female at birth/AFAB communities with the education, support, resources, and tools necessary to live healthy lives, reduce interpersonal conflict, and eliminate self-harm.
- Peer Support
- Awareness and Education
- Access to Care (coming soon)
- Research and Prevention (coming soon)
- Surgical Menopause Education & Support (coming July 2018)
IAPMD believes in the fundamental right for women and AFAB individuals to receive accurate diagnosis, effective treatment, and social support for mental health and reproductive illness. Based on these values, IAPMD seeks to:
- Reduce the stigma and raise awareness of women’s mental health issues including reproductive mood disorders, suicidality, and depression.
- Provide educational opportunities for women unable to obtain primary and mental health care services due to geographical location or financial means.
- Provide global crisis intervention and peer support services for women at no-cost regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identification, political affiliation, or socioeconomic status.
- Provide women with a path to recovery following a diagnosis of mental illness, reproductive mood disorder, suicidal ideation or attempted suicide.